If you know me at all, you know how much I love a good makeover! Usually these makeovers include me taking a sledgehammer to a wall, or using up 15 cans of spray paint..
but lately I have been very invested in little 'life makeovers'.
Join me on a journey.. a journey of self acceptance, of love, of peace, of determination.. of obtaining a BETTER LIFE!
We are constantly changing and growing, so the things around us in our lives must change as well.
I am sure you've noticed more than once, the things you once disliked, you now like, and vise versa.
We all adapt to life, but how about we take over now... and create the life we want!!
Let's start with something small, like How To Get More Out Of Our Day...
- Step 1 Keep a Notebook by your bed
- Before you go to bed, write a list of the things you need to do the next day.
- Section off your list.
- Make a section for Priorities (things you MUST get done that day)
- Make a section for Work and one for Home
- Make a section for people you need to get ahold of/or people you are waiting to hear from
- Make a weekly section, for things that will take longer than one day to complete, or things you want to get done within the week
- Write a positive thought at the top of your list that will help motivate you throughout the day.
- Your subconscious will work for you during the night to help figure out how you will accomplish those tasks.
- You will sleep better because you have gotten your thoughts out on paper, you won't worry all night about what you have to get done the next day.
- Step 2 Eat a HEALTHY Breakfast
- I know you have heard this time and time again, but it is absolutely essential to having a better day!
- You will have more energy
- You will think more clearly
- You will just FEEL BETTER
- You will probably lose weight because a healthy breakfast jump-starts your metabolism
- Check out my Pinterest Board full of healthy breakfast choices
- Step 3 Enjoy Your Morning
- Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day, so enjoy it!
- Open up those blinds and let the SUNSHINE in!
- Have your clothes picked out the night before so that you aren't stressing about it in the morning (if you have kids, make sure they have clothes laid out the night before)
- If you run low on time in the morning, try doing what you can the night before like taking a shower, prepping your breakfast or lunch.. or you could WAKE UP EARLIER! wink wink
- Get MOVING! Do 5 min of yoga (here is my favorite yoga resource), or a quick walk around the block... get down and plank for 30 seconds.. do something that gets your heart pumping, it automatically puts you in a better mood!
- If you have kids, get creative and be fun with this.. lead them in a few simple stretches and 10 jumping jacks, or play a quick game of tag!
- The main thing that can ruin any morning is when you are running late. This causes stress and contention for all involved, so try to use your time wisely. If you need to, plan every little detail of your morning so you never skip a beat!
- Step 4 Curb Distractions
- This is a biggy! You need to gain control of your day, and that means not letting 45 min slip by while your browse Pinterest, or an hour wasted on Facebook.
- A great way to gain control is to give yourself time limits, and stick to them! Set a timer for 10 minutes and go crazy on Pinterest, or Facebook, or Instagram.. whatever you are in to. And I mean 10 minutes set aside for each platform, that way it helps you focus on what you really want to accomplish or see, rather than just waste time.
- TV is one of our biggest time wasters, and with Netflix, Redbox, Direct TV, Hulu.. it is so easy to get lost for hours watching numerous shows and movies. Studies show that the average person watches 4 hours of TV a day! Over one year, that equals 60 days!!!! So out of the 12 months, we watch TV for a full 2 months!! Holy Cow, can you believe how much we could accomplish if we just cut that down to 1 hour a day?!
- Don't check your emails all day long. Set a couple times a day that you check it and allow a short amount of time to respond to the important ones.
- Charge your phones and tablets outside of your bedroom, you don't need those distractions in your bedroom. Use going to bed and waking up as a time to connect with yourself and recharge. Read a good book, spend time with your spouse, meditate/pray... whatever helps you to clear your mind and get ready to conquer another day.
- Step 5 Learn to say NO
- Have you heard the quote "If things aren't adding up in your life, start subtracting"? This means quit saying YES to all your requests!
- We as humans have an innate desire to be liked.. so we are not very likely to say No when others ask things of us
- Put your (and your family's) needs first. Prioritize. It's ok to let things go... and to say No
- You will be far more productive if you are juggling a few things than if you were juggling 15
- Start subtracting those things/projects in your life that aren't beneficial to your goals, your life, and your desires
- Step 6 Add Value to Other's Lives
- It's true that you will have more energy and be in a better mood when you are serving or adding value to someone else's life.
- Give a sincere compliment to a co-worker, a stranger, or someone in your family.
- Email or call someone you haven't spoken to in a really long time, just letting them know you were thinking about them.
- Make an acquaintance feel extra special on their birthday.
- Take some cold drinks to the construction crew down the street
- Pay for the person's drink or meal behind you at the drive-through
- Offer to teach someone something
- Always make sure your family knows that they come first, always make time for them.
You know yourself better than anybody else, and I KNOW you are capable of greatness, that's why we were all created... now go and conquer your day!
Any thoughts/insights/questions??? Hit me up here in the comments or on any of my social media sites.. can't wait to hear from you!